Consider it as an alternate way of making a living or a blessing in disguise, but the fact remains, the world has transitioned and adapted a hybrid workforce. And, we have to adapt to it. Learning or working from home is the new normal. The technology we use to deliver our best depends on the laptops we choose. So choosing the most efficient laptop according to our need is a must. In fact, this is a good time to invest. We’ve put together a semi-detailed list of laptops that will be important for people working and learning from home.
But first thing first – What to look for in a laptop while working or learning from home?
- Thin-sized, light-weighted, costly & portable laptops are good for long commutes and hassle-free meetings and presentations. But that’s not what the situation demands, right? One can also look for 15-inch, large-screen laptops that are pretty affordable as against its thinner counterpart
- Bigger laptops mean bigger screens, which is extremely great for multi-tasking, working with lots of content, creative workflows, and of course, video conferencing
- Having a not-so-cramped-up keyboard layout gives enough hand-space to type and fewer chances to make mistakes. Most of the 15-inch laptops provide exactly what you are looking for.
- Ports and connectivity also count, especially in case you are juggling with external tough drives, printers, webcams, headsets, SD cards, and different tools. In fact, we might endorse the usage of a full-sized computer keyboard and mouse, and raising your pc on a table, for a convenient posture.
- If your work demands responsibilities that go beyond the regular of just typing emails, perhaps workflows related to video-making, editing, animation, editing images or illustration, then you should definitely consider laptops that have high storage, top-rated RAM, high-end processors, GPUs and rapid SSDs
- Not to mention having strong internet connectivity makes your work-from-home or learn-from-home possible. Be it an uninterrupted video conference call or research-required for your work, make sure your laptop provides the best Wi-Fi support.
Which laptops to buy?
We have shortlisted numerous models, sorted through rate and segment, that could be appropriate for working and learning from home, as well as for general-motive use. These are all available in retail at exclusive stores of Digital Dreams – both in Jaipur and Jodhpur. Here take a look – (www.digitaldreamsjaipur.com).
Work from home laptops under Rs. 30,000
- Considered as a great option – the Asus VivoBook 15 M509DA fits right within our budget. It features 4GB RAM, a 1TB hard drive, 15.6-inch full-HD screen, a USB Type-C port, a slick keyboard with number pad and a modern AMD Athlon Silver CPU with basic integrated Radeon Vega graphics
- If you want a laptop that features a relatively powerful CPU, how about Lenovo’s Ideapad S145? It has a Ryzen 3 3200U CPU with integrated Radeon Vega graphics, again with a 4GB RAM, a 1TB hard drive, a 15.6-inch full-HD screen and a full-sized keyboard. The cherry on top- it comes with Windows 10 Home
- The Acer One Z2-485 is also a good option. It comes with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415U processor and a 4GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive. Windows 10 is preinstalled. The screen is not so ideal with a 14-inch 1366×768 panel, but otherwise, everything else is in place. Also, the weight is under 2kg
- A slightly different one – the ASUS E410MA that roughly weighs around only 1.3-kg. It features colourful, patterned lid designs, a 14-inch full-HD screen, the virtual number pad on the track-pad, Intel Pentium Silver N5030 CPU, 4GB of RAM, and 256GB SSD.
- HP offers its 250 G7 2A9A5PA business laptop accompanied an Intel Celeron N4020 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and a 15.6-inch 1366×768-pixel screen. There are a 720p webcam and keyboard with number pad, making it an avant-garde business laptop.
Work from home laptops under Rs. 40,000
- Looking for more? Maybe an even better processor and graphics? You can find a Dell Inspiron 3593 coupled with a 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive, along with a 15.6-inch full-HD screen, full-sized keyboard, and USB Type-C port. Plus, it is accompanied with Windows 10 Home as well as Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 – all incredibly under 2.2kg
- The Lenovo Ideapad S145 features again in this price category, with an AMD Ryzen 5 – 3500U CPU, integrated Radeon Vega graphics – incredible 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive. Windows 10 and Office Home & Student 2019 are included as well. Another variant with a Ryzen 3 3200U CPU and 256GB SSD is at a much lesser price
Work from home laptops under Rs. 50,000
- A brilliantly fully-loaded laptop with the best configurations is – HP’s 15s-eq0024au laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor, 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. What’s more? A 15.6-inch full-HD screen and HD webcam, plus full-sized keyboard. Windows 10 as well as Office Home & Student 2019.
- The next best thing in this category is the Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3i featuring an Intel Core i5-1035G1 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. Windows 10 and Office Home & Student 2019 are preloaded. You get another variant of 14-inch full-HD screen and there’s no number pad, but this model weighs 1.6kg.
- Avita Notebook 14 is available in two configurations that come below Rs. 50,000. Available at a considerably low price than its counterparts – you can get an Intel Core i5-10210 CPU, 8GB of RAM, a 512GB SSD, a 14-inch full-HD screen, and even a basic Nvidia GeForce MX250 discrete GPU. Windows 10 Home is preloaded and the company promises 10 hours of battery life, in a 1.5kg body with slim screen borders. An external 720p webcam is also included.